Monday, February 6, 2012

more farmer's wife

I've been working on lots more handmade but for some reason have struggled to get it on the blog. I've been working on the header for awhile now and have been dissatisfied... but I think I'm getting closer to where I want it to be.  There was lots of sewing this weekend-- for the first time in QUITE some time.  Must be getting my sewing mojo back.  There was also plenty of handmade successes in the kitchen as well.  More on that later.

Here are my latest farmer's wife blocks.  I'm still behind one from two weeks ago, block #19, Checkerboard, and Leslie has picked two blocks for this week as well.  Luckily, they are still fast sew-ups, and I've begun a much larger project (I hesitate to say, as I have plenty of unfinished projects I need to complete).  I think it's the new project that drew me back to the machine, despite the cramped quarters.  Luckily we have just heard last week that we will be able to move to a larger space sometime this summer.  We'll have room for a guest and also a permanent place for my sewing machine (and my sewing lamps)!

"Basket Weave," block #4

"Kitchen Woodbox," block #54

"Economy," block #29

No comments:

Post a Comment